A MESSAGE TO OUR VALUED CUSTOMERS REGARDING COVID19
We would like to take a moment and directly connect with you as the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to impact our communities, our customers, and our workers. The well-being and safety of our customers and our employees are of top priority and will always be at the heart of each and every decision we make. As this continues to unfold, Normandeau Roofing Ltd. is committed to making adjustments to the way we live, communicate and work effectively as a team, being extremely mindful of the situation at hand.
At this point in time we remain open for business and fully staffed, but we are closely monitoring as each day goes by. We are not currently experiencing any material supply issues or delays, but we are closely monitoring.
Here are some of the precautionary steps we have taken in-office, thus far, for our collective well-being:
• We have increased the frequency of regularly scheduled cleanings and sanitization efforts across our office and shop, especially in highly trafficked areas.
• The suspension of physical signatures on all incoming packages, opting for verbal acknowledgment & consent.
• All available doors have been propped open to avoid frequent handling of surfaces
• To ensure social distancing is maximized, we are communicating via phone call, email, and conference calling.
• We have posted the recommended fact sheets and resources throughout the office.
• We are closely following guidelines from national health organizations.
• All workers have filled out the attached mandatory COVID19 Questionnaire, which we are happy to send to any customers, GCs, etcetera upon request.
Rest assured that we are taking all necessary precautions to maintain operations. We are monitoring the situation closely. Note for our workers in the field, the following measures have been strictly implemented:
• Only staff members are allowed in the office / warehouse (unless a declaration is completed).
• All workers continue to self-monitor and immediately advise if ANY symptoms appear.
• All workers continue to have regular electronic access to all safety bulletins regarding COVID19.
• Staff to keep safe distance and avoid close contact (within 2 meters / 6’).
• Entering Our Facility – ALL employees must wash their hands for a minimum of 20 seconds with soap and warm water.
• For All Job Sites: Foreman will contact the site contact prior to attending. If entry to the location is required, they will ask:
o Have you, someone living in your household, an intimate partner, or someone you are caring for, been diagnosed
with COVID-19 (Coronavirus) or had any contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
o Do you currently have or have you had within the last 24 hours any of the following symptoms? Low grade fever
100.4F / 38C or higher, respiratory symptoms, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing.
o Have you traveled outside of North America in the last 14 days? This includes airline flight changes, layovers in these areas.
o Have you been in contact with anyone who has traveled outside of North America in the last 14 days? This includes airline flight changes, layovers in these areas.
o If no to all of the above, ask if they are comfortable with us entering their unit (wearing the appropriate, CSA-approved mask/respirator and CSA-approved gloves).
o Should a client wish to accompany you on to a roof, there must be a minimum of 2m between employees and contact. It is preferred that only employees proceed to the roof.
If entry is not required, avoid face contact and complete all communication via phone call or email. Any employee who has been in contact with a confirmed case and/or has tested positive MUST immediately report the situation to his/her supervisor.
Lastly, although there is much uncertainty as the situation evolves, we take solace in the fact that we have an
incredibly dedicated team. In times like these, we listen, we learn and we support each other.
Mike Normandeau, President Trevor Marchak, Safety Officer
The Normandeau Roofing Ltd. Team